Skip to main content

Life & Reading

February / March have continued to be a time of struggle for our family. My Great-Grandmother, the head of my mother's family, passed away. Her passing has pushed me over the edge of depression and it has been very difficult for me to focus on much other than just making it through the day.

Despite my depression, I did finish working on the first draft of a D.K. Greene writing project and managed to read a couple more books for the 2015 reading challenge. I am letting the Greene manuscript marinade before getting into editing, and am working on getting my head back in the game so I can dive back into Adaline 2.0.

This year promises to bring a LOT of new challenges, and I am doing my best to face them head on. Thank you all for reading, writing, and surviving with me.

Before I go, here are the updates to my reading list. The Parrot Told Me by Rachel Rawlings was a fun parrot-inspired murder mystery. I also had the pleasure to read Shadow Bound by Jenny Reynolds. I don't believe her novel is available for mass purchase yet, but I look forward to reading more from her soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready...

... for my very first author appearance in November. It's exciting! It's nerve wracking! It's a great opportunity! It's terrifying! It's going to be a great way to kick off the holiday season! I've got some books on order so there will be copies of both Age/Sex/Location: Love is Just a Click Away and A Giraffe In The Room available for sale. This is my first step into taking my writing on the road - maybe 2014 will include a book tour if this goes well...?

Restless with The Silver Chair

My kiddo and I have been wandering through the pages of C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia over the last year or so, and finally arrived at the sixth book, The Silver Chair. It goes without saying that C. S. Lewis is one the most entrancing authors in children's literature, and he didn't fail to disappoint with The Silver Chair . This book takes Eustace and his schoolmate Jill on a terrific adventure through marshes, mountains, and caverns as they go on a hunt for a prince who went missing many years before. While this is a wonderful book on its own, it wasn't my favorite of the Narnia  series. The characters didn't seem as alive as in the other books, and with man-eating giants, a magical snake-queen and the freeing of an entire nation of underground people, their flatness was a disappointment. We aren't deterred though. We've started The Last Batle, the final book in the series and it's going along much better. Although this is a serie

True Midnight Ramblings

Ah, July.  Normally a time of constant celebration, this month has been especially trying and filled with sleepless nights and wandering days.  I am looking forward to August when friends return from far off places, grief will be a little closer to subdued, and life will begin to return to normalcy (I hope). In a fit of sleeplessness spurred from a sorrow filled day on the horizon, a late-night emergency and lots of random thoughts and feelings I decided to hover around the internets a while until my eyes start to feel a little more heavy.  I had received a notification that there have been some updates here on Blogger/Blogspot and so I decided to check them out now that I am left with very little to do for the next 8 hours or so. You may notice that this blog, as well as my other two blogs ( A Smaller Bottom and Meet Your Marker ), has received a sudden face-lift.  I was really surprised at the new backgrounds and customizations on the templates toolbar, and had a lot of fun putt