Skip to main content

New Years Writerlutions

2014 has come and gone. Due to a bushel of family trauma I am glad to see the it go, hoping that this next year will bring new growth and opportunity.

I never seem to know just how I feel about New Years Resolutions. In theory, I feel like they are useless because most of the time we fail to follow through with them. If we are inebriated with New Year's Eve fervor, we might not even remember them the next day. Sober, our resolve is long gone by the time February appears. On the other hand, the start of a new year seems to be the perfect time to roll over into a new set of goals and so despite the feeling that resolutions as a whole are a waste of time I find myself making my own.

I have been pondering my writing goals for the next year since early September. Now that they have been firmly pressed into the sand for a couple of months I guess it's time to officially announce them to the world. Here are my 2015 Writerlutions:


  • Complete the first draft of 2 novels. 
    • I have three in the works right now, so this should be attainable as long as I don't get too distracted.
  • Fully edit and release 1 novel.
  • Update each of my blogs at least 13 times this year.
I can't quite decide if my list is not enough, or if it is way too agressive. Keeping in mind that I also work more than full time and I've got a family to take care of I think that I'll be over the moon if I can get all of these things done before this time next year. 

What are your Writerlutions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S.E Anderson's Celestial is here!

I am so excited to tell you guys about a series I've been reading! The Starstruck series follows a rather disorganized mess of a girl as she traipses across the multiverse with aliens. Sally gets into SO many interesting situations, and these novels are packed with snark and wit that keep you turning pages and wanting more. Celestial, Book Four in the series will be released October 9th, and I'm SO blessed to be a part of S.E. Anderson's launch team! In Celestial, Sally is still trying to get back to earth with her friends Zander, Blayde and Nim but something goes horribly wrong and they end up lost on a strange world where Sally is mistaken for the local's goddess! I can't wait to read and review this latest installment in the Starstruck series. S.E. Anderson is a young writer brimming with charm, and I know if you pick up her books you'll fall in love. Get more information on these amazing books by visiting the author's website at:  http:...

Dragon Speaker by Elana A. Mugdan

  When a young outcast fights to become recognized by her town as a worthy citizen, she's sent out into the woods to prove herself. A dragon appears to her, and commands her to go on an epically dangerously magical quest. But Keriya has a problem. Not only is she young, unexperienced, and without the support of her community, but unlike every other person she knows, she can't wield magic. This is a great fantasy series with a female lead. I usually find it hard to get into dragon stories, but this one had me gripped within the first few pages. To check it out for yourself, find it on Amazon right here . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This doesn't cost you anything extra, but does help to fund Chai lattes and book purchases.

Traffic and Triumph

The spring and summer are always really hectic for our family. We own an outdoors-focused business, and unfortunately that means that when the sun is out there is hardly time to write anything. My neighbor yesterday asked how "that journaling stuff" was going, and I must have looked absolutely dumbfounded. "Journaling?" I asked. "Yeah, you know, writing in books or whatever." Long story short, it gave me instant lessons about two things. First, that my neighbor doesn't really pay attention or remember the details of any conversations that we've had over the years. And second, that I need to find the time, no matter how crazy life is, to put some focus back on my writing. My third book has been sitting, half edited, since March. It's about time that I got back at that monster, and what better way to do that then to do what all great writers do when they have a project looming... procrastinate by updating this blog. I'm glad I did log...