Skip to main content

Release Day

Well, it's finally happened. Adaline has officially been released into the wild. There is a lot of amazing stuff going on, and I am so excited to see where it all leads. I've been trying to keep things cool and not be TOTALLY overboard in sharing every single update as it comes. But it's been hard so I think I'll do a quick recap here so you all can see how this is going.


I've started getting reviews in from those special folks who got advanced copies. I won't go into the long talks that we've had about the book, but here are a few quotes from them while they're fresh in my mind:

"An imaginative otherworldly story, this was an amazing and a bit disturbing read." - I. Garland

"I didn't see a way out [for the main character], and I was only halfway through the book! The story was thrilling and I can't wait for Volume 2. This is the next Harry Potter." - C. Duncan

"I've read a thousand Science Fiction books. This is a good book. I'm hooked!" - S. DuVall

After working on the project for so long, it is great to hear this feedback from early readers. I have felt this was my best work since the first written page, and it is so satisfying to know that my excitement in writing the book has shown through to the finished project. I can't wait to have more talks with all you readers out there about it, and I have the second novel brewing (my target release for that one is Spring, 2016).

If you haven't been following me on Facebook, then you might not know that today is the official release party for the book. I'm committed to buying 50 cones of ice cream for those who attend. We're holding the party at a family friend's Baskin Robbins in Longview, Washington. I'm pretty nervous about the public reading, since I haven't done one of those before. But I know I've got to get those words out there so that I can get more people as excited about Adaline as I am.

Adaline has already gone live on Amazon, and surprisingly to me has also been picked up by Barnes and Noble. I was told that the crawl from Amazon to Barnes and Noble would probably be slow and painful because of their rivalry, but man - that seems like a great sign to me.

I'm also working out the details of my next public appearance! I've been in talks with a very lovely librarian (if you don't know your local librarian - give them a call. They're awesome!) and it seems I might be visiting her library to help out with one of their Middle School/Teen events. THAT is pretty darn cool.

I think that's all for now. It's a lot to process, but I'm going to do my best to enjoy this ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready...

... for my very first author appearance in November. It's exciting! It's nerve wracking! It's a great opportunity! It's terrifying! It's going to be a great way to kick off the holiday season! I've got some books on order so there will be copies of both Age/Sex/Location: Love is Just a Click Away and A Giraffe In The Room available for sale. This is my first step into taking my writing on the road - maybe 2014 will include a book tour if this goes well...?

True Midnight Ramblings

Ah, July.  Normally a time of constant celebration, this month has been especially trying and filled with sleepless nights and wandering days.  I am looking forward to August when friends return from far off places, grief will be a little closer to subdued, and life will begin to return to normalcy (I hope). In a fit of sleeplessness spurred from a sorrow filled day on the horizon, a late-night emergency and lots of random thoughts and feelings I decided to hover around the internets a while until my eyes start to feel a little more heavy.  I had received a notification that there have been some updates here on Blogger/Blogspot and so I decided to check them out now that I am left with very little to do for the next 8 hours or so. You may notice that this blog, as well as my other two blogs ( A Smaller Bottom and Meet Your Marker ), has received a sudden face-lift.  I was really surprised at the new backgrounds and customizations on the templates toolbar, and had a lot of fun putt

Restless with The Silver Chair

My kiddo and I have been wandering through the pages of C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia over the last year or so, and finally arrived at the sixth book, The Silver Chair. It goes without saying that C. S. Lewis is one the most entrancing authors in children's literature, and he didn't fail to disappoint with The Silver Chair . This book takes Eustace and his schoolmate Jill on a terrific adventure through marshes, mountains, and caverns as they go on a hunt for a prince who went missing many years before. While this is a wonderful book on its own, it wasn't my favorite of the Narnia  series. The characters didn't seem as alive as in the other books, and with man-eating giants, a magical snake-queen and the freeing of an entire nation of underground people, their flatness was a disappointment. We aren't deterred though. We've started The Last Batle, the final book in the series and it's going along much better. Although this is a serie