Skip to main content

Fundraising Fun and Frustration. (The Triple F)

Well, I've been working at raising funds for my first novel, Age / Sex / Location for a few weeks now, and I've got to say... fundraising is exhausting!  There is the elating high when someone new pledges funds toward the project, the hand-wringing anxiety of wondering when (or if) anyone else will find it to be worth backing, pats on the back from friends and strangers, and the strange and tense feeling of trying to explain "why" I am even attempting such an endeavor.

This portion of my journey toward a bound and readable novel has been a great and wonderful learning experience.  Not only has it opened my eyes to the continued battle of those who spend their lives raising funds for causes they believe in, but it has also warmed my soul to know that there are so many people who are willing, happy and able to help others reach their dreams.

If you have gotten this far in the posting and are wondering where you can get more information on the project I'm talking about, check out my Kickstarter page.  Please feel free to read through all of the updates, e-mail me any questions you might have at d.kawaii@gearheadzpaintball.com or follow me on Facebook.

Thank you to all of you who have supported my endeavors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S.E Anderson's Celestial is here!

I am so excited to tell you guys about a series I've been reading! The Starstruck series follows a rather disorganized mess of a girl as she traipses across the multiverse with aliens. Sally gets into SO many interesting situations, and these novels are packed with snark and wit that keep you turning pages and wanting more. Celestial, Book Four in the series will be released October 9th, and I'm SO blessed to be a part of S.E. Anderson's launch team! In Celestial, Sally is still trying to get back to earth with her friends Zander, Blayde and Nim but something goes horribly wrong and they end up lost on a strange world where Sally is mistaken for the local's goddess! I can't wait to read and review this latest installment in the Starstruck series. S.E. Anderson is a young writer brimming with charm, and I know if you pick up her books you'll fall in love. Get more information on these amazing books by visiting the author's website at:  http:...

Traffic and Triumph

The spring and summer are always really hectic for our family. We own an outdoors-focused business, and unfortunately that means that when the sun is out there is hardly time to write anything. My neighbor yesterday asked how "that journaling stuff" was going, and I must have looked absolutely dumbfounded. "Journaling?" I asked. "Yeah, you know, writing in books or whatever." Long story short, it gave me instant lessons about two things. First, that my neighbor doesn't really pay attention or remember the details of any conversations that we've had over the years. And second, that I need to find the time, no matter how crazy life is, to put some focus back on my writing. My third book has been sitting, half edited, since March. It's about time that I got back at that monster, and what better way to do that then to do what all great writers do when they have a project looming... procrastinate by updating this blog. I'm glad I did log...

Books, Babies and More!

Life in the Kawaii household has been a maddening whirlwind of changes, events, growth and expansion. Age/Sex/Location is now deep within the publishing process, and I am very excited that Brighton Publishing is handling the grunt work in making the novel ready for the commercial market.  Right now it is being combed over by an editor or two, and I look forward to getting recommended edits back in the next few weeks. Along with the new novel in my life, it appears that there is a new reader on the way too!  Mr. Kawaii and I are expecting our first little reader, and he/she should arrive sometime mid-May.  Trying to figure out pregnancy, what kind of parents we want to be, and how we are going to juggle kids and managing our own businesses adds a new set of weights to an already delicate balancing act.  Hopefully we'll figure things out and come out the other side no worse for wear. I hope that all of you are doing well in your own lives and that you are growi...