Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo - Do You Have It In You?

I have decided this year to take the plunge, dig deep and put my nose to the grindstone this November.  I have officially signed up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and am meeting the challenge of writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

I might be crazy, but the idea seems like a good one right now and while I'm sure I'll be kicking myself right around November 27th for attempting this feat I feel that the last two months of editing and re-writing my first novel have prepared me for the upcoming 30 day adventure.

I've come up with the basic premise for my second novel, a radical change from the first one I wrote which is based in present-day USA.  The next one will move forward to some unknown time in the future with radical advances in technology and a vengeful return of Mother Earth to make all things right in the world.  I'm looking forward to writing it, and the challenges I know it will bring since the entire novel will be smack-dab in the midst of a genre I've never written before.  Hopefully the results will be award-winning, but even if they aren't I'm excited at the idea of having two novels written by year-end.

Now if I could just find a publisher... ;)

Comments

  1. Good question. I sure hope so! Haven't even picked which idea I want to go with yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

S.E Anderson's Celestial is here!

I am so excited to tell you guys about a series I've been reading! The Starstruck series follows a rather disorganized mess of a girl as she traipses across the multiverse with aliens. Sally gets into SO many interesting situations, and these novels are packed with snark and wit that keep you turning pages and wanting more. Celestial, Book Four in the series will be released October 9th, and I'm SO blessed to be a part of S.E. Anderson's launch team! In Celestial, Sally is still trying to get back to earth with her friends Zander, Blayde and Nim but something goes horribly wrong and they end up lost on a strange world where Sally is mistaken for the local's goddess! I can't wait to read and review this latest installment in the Starstruck series. S.E. Anderson is a young writer brimming with charm, and I know if you pick up her books you'll fall in love. Get more information on these amazing books by visiting the author's website at:  http:...

Traffic and Triumph

The spring and summer are always really hectic for our family. We own an outdoors-focused business, and unfortunately that means that when the sun is out there is hardly time to write anything. My neighbor yesterday asked how "that journaling stuff" was going, and I must have looked absolutely dumbfounded. "Journaling?" I asked. "Yeah, you know, writing in books or whatever." Long story short, it gave me instant lessons about two things. First, that my neighbor doesn't really pay attention or remember the details of any conversations that we've had over the years. And second, that I need to find the time, no matter how crazy life is, to put some focus back on my writing. My third book has been sitting, half edited, since March. It's about time that I got back at that monster, and what better way to do that then to do what all great writers do when they have a project looming... procrastinate by updating this blog. I'm glad I did log...

Books, Babies and More!

Life in the Kawaii household has been a maddening whirlwind of changes, events, growth and expansion. Age/Sex/Location is now deep within the publishing process, and I am very excited that Brighton Publishing is handling the grunt work in making the novel ready for the commercial market.  Right now it is being combed over by an editor or two, and I look forward to getting recommended edits back in the next few weeks. Along with the new novel in my life, it appears that there is a new reader on the way too!  Mr. Kawaii and I are expecting our first little reader, and he/she should arrive sometime mid-May.  Trying to figure out pregnancy, what kind of parents we want to be, and how we are going to juggle kids and managing our own businesses adds a new set of weights to an already delicate balancing act.  Hopefully we'll figure things out and come out the other side no worse for wear. I hope that all of you are doing well in your own lives and that you are growi...