Skip to main content

Where Has The Month Gone?

Good morning, gentle readers!

June seems to have come and gone in a flash of frenzy!!  I have been busy trying to fit as much writing into my schedule as possible, which hasn't amounted to much but at least I'm back at it.  It is unfortunate that the things that we love to do, that we are attempting at making into a career, that fill our hearts and fingers with joy... always seem to be the things that get pushed onto the back burner when the going gets tough.

Going through life's trials certainly points out that having a "regular" 9-5 job with a boss and a rigid schedule can be handy.  Particularly when family is ill, friends need help, the mortgage is due and our creative streaks are coming infrequently.  Yes, I can freely admit that I would have gotten far more work done this month if I wasn't able to walk 20 feet from bed to office and pound out my work wearing Spongebob Squarepants pajamas.

On the other hand, when those brilliant creative streaks appear at 2 in the morning, I also haven't had to worry about getting up early the next day and dragging myself to the office just to be hassled by some "more important than thou" supervisor.

Although the transition to "full time" has been slow going, I am making progress.  I have a schedule written on the whiteboard (the better to erase you with, my dear) and have been able to pound out a couple of online articles this month.  I've also got about half of my short story for the contest I'm entering written, and although I've started having doubts about the entry I am pretty sure that they are just my own self-doubt sneaking in during gaps between inspiration.

July promises to be an even more demanding month, but I think I'll be able to get even more of this writing business under control.  Being your own boss is amazing, and difficult and completely perfect for those of us who hate following direction.

Currently Reading:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S.E Anderson's Celestial is here!

I am so excited to tell you guys about a series I've been reading! The Starstruck series follows a rather disorganized mess of a girl as she traipses across the multiverse with aliens. Sally gets into SO many interesting situations, and these novels are packed with snark and wit that keep you turning pages and wanting more. Celestial, Book Four in the series will be released October 9th, and I'm SO blessed to be a part of S.E. Anderson's launch team! In Celestial, Sally is still trying to get back to earth with her friends Zander, Blayde and Nim but something goes horribly wrong and they end up lost on a strange world where Sally is mistaken for the local's goddess! I can't wait to read and review this latest installment in the Starstruck series. S.E. Anderson is a young writer brimming with charm, and I know if you pick up her books you'll fall in love. Get more information on these amazing books by visiting the author's website at:  http:...

Books, Babies and More!

Life in the Kawaii household has been a maddening whirlwind of changes, events, growth and expansion. Age/Sex/Location is now deep within the publishing process, and I am very excited that Brighton Publishing is handling the grunt work in making the novel ready for the commercial market.  Right now it is being combed over by an editor or two, and I look forward to getting recommended edits back in the next few weeks. Along with the new novel in my life, it appears that there is a new reader on the way too!  Mr. Kawaii and I are expecting our first little reader, and he/she should arrive sometime mid-May.  Trying to figure out pregnancy, what kind of parents we want to be, and how we are going to juggle kids and managing our own businesses adds a new set of weights to an already delicate balancing act.  Hopefully we'll figure things out and come out the other side no worse for wear. I hope that all of you are doing well in your own lives and that you are growi...

Traffic and Triumph

The spring and summer are always really hectic for our family. We own an outdoors-focused business, and unfortunately that means that when the sun is out there is hardly time to write anything. My neighbor yesterday asked how "that journaling stuff" was going, and I must have looked absolutely dumbfounded. "Journaling?" I asked. "Yeah, you know, writing in books or whatever." Long story short, it gave me instant lessons about two things. First, that my neighbor doesn't really pay attention or remember the details of any conversations that we've had over the years. And second, that I need to find the time, no matter how crazy life is, to put some focus back on my writing. My third book has been sitting, half edited, since March. It's about time that I got back at that monster, and what better way to do that then to do what all great writers do when they have a project looming... procrastinate by updating this blog. I'm glad I did log...