Skip to main content

Hello, June

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!  We got to spend time with family, eat lots of delicious food and work on some big household projects for the in-laws.  *Whew!*

Although I thought Sunday was going to be my day of non-exercise relaxation, I spent the last two days doing lots of bending, lifting, stair climbing and urban hiking with the family as we worked to get the family homestead ready for summer activities.  It was a lot of work and we all got sweaty, stinky and sore over the last two days doing some pretty major clean-up.

The great news is, we were able to get things set up enough that ten of us were able to sprawl out for good conversation and great food at dinner last night.  The bad news is, my poor body hasn't gotten it's break yet!  Unfortunately, that doesn't give me much to blog about today as I rest my feet and hips and shoulders.

I suppose my only jewel of the day centers around eating out since we did a fair amount of that this weekend.  One great way to make sure you don't over-indulge when you're eating out of the house and you're sick of munching on a bed of lettuce (some days I feel like I'm turning into a Cabbage Patch Kid) is to order off the kid's menu.  Yes, other people will look at you strange, but kids' meals will give you at least some variety when you eat out and their portions are more in line with what you should actually be consuming.  An extra added bonus is that generally you get a toy or activity with your meal, and let's be honest, you've been jealous of your kid's for getting to play at the table since they were able to sit up on their own.

With that, I am off to do a little bit of work today and then rest.  I'll write you again tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S.E Anderson's Celestial is here!

I am so excited to tell you guys about a series I've been reading! The Starstruck series follows a rather disorganized mess of a girl as she traipses across the multiverse with aliens. Sally gets into SO many interesting situations, and these novels are packed with snark and wit that keep you turning pages and wanting more. Celestial, Book Four in the series will be released October 9th, and I'm SO blessed to be a part of S.E. Anderson's launch team! In Celestial, Sally is still trying to get back to earth with her friends Zander, Blayde and Nim but something goes horribly wrong and they end up lost on a strange world where Sally is mistaken for the local's goddess! I can't wait to read and review this latest installment in the Starstruck series. S.E. Anderson is a young writer brimming with charm, and I know if you pick up her books you'll fall in love. Get more information on these amazing books by visiting the author's website at:  http:...

Traffic and Triumph

The spring and summer are always really hectic for our family. We own an outdoors-focused business, and unfortunately that means that when the sun is out there is hardly time to write anything. My neighbor yesterday asked how "that journaling stuff" was going, and I must have looked absolutely dumbfounded. "Journaling?" I asked. "Yeah, you know, writing in books or whatever." Long story short, it gave me instant lessons about two things. First, that my neighbor doesn't really pay attention or remember the details of any conversations that we've had over the years. And second, that I need to find the time, no matter how crazy life is, to put some focus back on my writing. My third book has been sitting, half edited, since March. It's about time that I got back at that monster, and what better way to do that then to do what all great writers do when they have a project looming... procrastinate by updating this blog. I'm glad I did log...

Don't Wait

I awoke Friday morning to a message from someone whose name was only vaguely familiar. Laying in bed, scrolling through Facebook on my cell phone, I opened the message. It was a quick note from a woman who was good friends with a woman who I have been close to for over a decade. I read it, and reeled with shock. My friend, a woman who had been with me through the best and worst of times, is gone. Taken from this life because of a driver who didn't stop at a stop sign on a country road. "Accidents happen," many say. It's true, but it isn't right. We never know when our time is going to be up. Today might be your last day, or mine. There's no way of predicting what will happen tomorrow... this evening... fifteen minutes from now. There are many tragedies stemming from this simple accident. First, a mother with fierce love of her two teenage children was stolen from them. A woman who was a pillar of support for so many has fallen from their list of who to cal...